North Shore, MA 01832
Do you have strong data entry and analytical skills? Are you looking for the chance to join a dynamic, growth-oriented company? A retail company seeks a talented and motivated Accountant to assist the company' s day to day accounting operations. This position stands on a contract basis; however, it has the potential to convert into permanent work. This is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking for a fresh, fun, and innovative environment.
- Drive the month-end close process, including balance sheet reconciliations, ad-hoc analyses, trial balance reviews, and financial statement preparation
- Review general ledger activity across all lines of business
- Prepare monthly GL journal entries including payroll, depreciation, accruals, prepaid expenses, reclassification, and other standard entries
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and submit cash requirements to corporate for funding
- Sustain all balance sheet reconciliations including cash
- Manage accounts payable and cash disbursements; interface with vendors as needed
- Establish accounting policies and procedures, as well as identify new policies and areas of improvement
- Monitor internal controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain W-9’ s for all vendors and issue 1099’ s annually
- Serve as the back-up to process payroll, including employee maintenance, supporting various requests from Human Resources
- At least 5 or more years of accounting experience managing all aspects of the close process
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, managing close and reporting processes
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and collaborative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationship
Job ID: 175372
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.