Boston, MA 02135
Are you looking to expand your professional experience to the media industry? An award-winning media powerhouse in the Greater Boston Area seeks an Accounting Associate for a contract role. However, this position has the potential to expand to permanent work. This is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking to elevate and contribute to a growing and creative environment.
- Manage monthly interdepartmental billing, to prepare for the monthly upload according to prescribed Accounting Department monthly close schedule.
- Serve as liaison to the Accounting department regarding departmental financial paperwork
- Handle a variety of purchasing related tasks including requisitions, purchase orders, invoicing, credit details, vendor communication, and monthly purchasing card allocations.
- Assist the Physical Plant team with occupancy allocations for the monthly interdepartmental billing for monthly upload according to prescribed Accounting Department monthly close schedule
- Enter contractual documentation in foundation’ s database, obtains insurance certifications, and other contract related duties
- Compile information and support the business unit in preparation of budget and financial reports
- At least two years of work experience in finance and administration
- Experience in accounting, purchasing and or billing related field where customer service skills were key
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Bachelor' s degree or equivalent business experience required
Nice to Haves:
- Business experience in a production, IT, or media related field
- Experience with Workday and FileMaker Pro
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, and collaborative
Job ID: 174259
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.