Manhattan, NY 10027
Do you have an interest in academia? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A private university is looking to add an Accounting Clerk to their team on a 3-month contract basis. However, this position has the potential to extend to permanent work. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is very motivated to learn, attentive, and grow as a professional.
- Process Weekly and Semi-monthly payrolls, overtime, and leave time.
- Analyze payroll data
- Audit weekly hours for union employees and for professional employees
- Set up all new hire and re-hire non-NYS payroll taxes, NRA exemptions and involuntary deductions
- Execute and pay employees' involuntary deductions
- Work with the Payroll Supervisor on special projects
- Associates Degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ worth of college credits within an Accounting/Business focus
- 2 years of payroll processing experience
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- University/Higher ed experience
- Involvement processing union payrolls
- FPC Certification
Job ID: 174428
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.