North Andover, MA 01843
Are you highly motivated and detailed? Ready for the chance to apply yourself at a fast-paced company? A life science company seeks a bright and passionate Accounting Clerk to be responsible for a variety of general accounting tasks in accounting department including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable. Additionally, this is an innovative opportunity for an imaginative, and exceedingly organized self-starter looking to join a vigorous and lively work environment.
- Maintain, verify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare supporting documents for monthly financial statements, in accordance with US GAAP
- Perform invoicing on customer orders after shipment, including timely delivery of invoices to customers and promptly call customers to collect overdue invoices
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports as needed including on past due accounts and collection issues
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to promptly processing payment
- Perform all AP voucher functions on invoices and performs three-way match for all purchases
- Investigate questionable data, communicate across departments and with vendors, and recommend actions to resolve discrepancies
- Assist accounting department personnel and performs filing, check processing, and mailing
- Associates degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in accounting
- Knowledge of bookkeeping, cost accounting and general ledger process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in ERP
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and cooperative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
Job ID: 176187
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
Meet Your Recruiter
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman, a part of The Planet Group, takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.