Manhattan, NY 10032
Do you have an interest in academia? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A private university is looking to add an Administrative Assistant to their team on a contract basis. However, this position has the potential to extend to permanent work. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is very motivated to learn, attentive, and grow as a professional.
- Assists with research, educational, and administrative activities
- Ensure a quality-based flow of work
- Organize all activities including seminar schedules, visitor itineraries, and other cyclical business processes
- Prepare and organize materials for funding applications, as well as manuscript and abstract submissions
- Support financial reimbursements and processing
- Order supplies and maintain current records on members and their contact information
- Bachelor' s degree in English, Writing, or Science
- 2 to 4 years of administrative work experience
- Must be able to type 55 to 65 WPM
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, including advanced PowerPoint skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Medical Center or University experience
- Exposure to the grant application submission process
- Knowledge of medical and scientific terminology
- Exceptional attention to editorial detail
Job ID: 174446
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.