Manhattan, NY 10003
Do you have an interest in academia? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A World Class University seeks a talented and motivated Administrative Assistant on a 6-month contract basis. Moreover, this is an innovative opportunity for a dynamic, and exceedingly organized self-starter looking to explore all that business has to offer and grow as a professional.
- Assist department leadership by performing administrative procedures to generate efficiency of process and results
- Enforce and ensure adherence to administrative processes, practices and operations.
- Support the electronic word processing, data entry, filing, and other clerical tasks
- Maintain and update departmental policies, organizational charts and employee directory
- Schedule meetings and maintain department meeting schedules, agendas to ensure on-time and productive meetings
- Participate in meetings, programs, and activities to ensure agendas are followed and action items are recorded and communicated
- Collect data and prepare reports for a variety of projects and presentations to ensure for accuracy and that deadlines are met
- Maintain departmental database records and take a proactive approach in troubleshooting minor technical problems
- Associates degree
- At least 2 years related administrative experience
- Heavy calendar management and travel arrangements practice
- Proficiency with Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledge of Google docs and Gmail
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Prior experience working independently to manage a location
- Project coordination and knowledge of Access or similar databases
Job ID: 174914
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.