Metrowest, MA 02466
Are you highly motivate and detailed? Are you looking to expand your abilities to fast-paced organization? A pharmaceutical company seeks an Assistant Controller to join their bright and passionate organization. Moreover, this is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking for a fresh, fun, and innovative environment in the Greater Boston Area.
- Lead the evaluation and compliance activities for new accounting pronouncements
- Identify and implement new internal controls and procedures around new pronouncements to ensure compliance, writing memos, etc.
- Educate accounting team and senior leadership of the implications of new accounting pronouncements
- Anticipate and analyze technical accounting matters
- Prepare external financial statements and disclosures
- Interface with the company’ s external auditors and prepare required reports, documentation and supporting schedules for quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Develop and implement accounting policies, procedures, and internal controls
- Assist with the annual budget and reforecasting processes, including operational and capital planning, and introducing or enforcing necessary controls and procedures to effectuate the plan
- Review and negotiate agreements and contracts with key vendors and consultants in collaboration with internal parties
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- 5 or more years of accounting and financial management experience in a public environment
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Excel
- Leader who effectively manages, trains, and develops direct reports
- Working knowledge of SEC reporting
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, analytical, self-motivated, dynamic, organized, and collaborative
Job ID: 174823
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.