Assistant Grants & Contracts Manager
Manhattan, NY 10032
Do you have an interest in academia? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A World Class University seeks a talented and motivated Assistant Grants & Contracts Manager to join their team on a 3-month contract basis. However, this position has the potential to extend into permanent work. Additionally, this is a tremendous prospect for an individual looking join a vital organization and make an immediate impact.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of financial data
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports and billings to sponsors
- Track receipt of funding and receivables
- Collect accounts receivable for accounts
- Partake in account close-out
- Provide institutional oversight by monitoring the allowable and appropriate recording of expenses to sponsored projects and the general ledger in order to ensure compliance with generally acceptable accounting principles
- Prepare required close-out documents for grants and/or contracts, including contractors' releases and assignments
- Identify internal and external customers and providing them with the appropriate support regarding sponsored project financial administration and general ledger accounting
- Formulate opportunities to streamline and improve processes
- Bachelor’ s degree
- At least 4 years of related accounting experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Comfortable working with databases and computerized financial systems?
Nice to Haves:
- Experience from academic medicine or a research based institution
- University work experience
Job ID: 175126
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.