Cambridge, MA 02139-3563
Are you looking to expand your professional experience? A large test center seeks a Buyer for a 6 to 12-month contract opportunity. Moreover, this is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking for an innovative and dynamic environment.
- Contact vendors, obtain quotations, examine bids, make awards, place orders and expedite delivery of goods/service
- Support in follow up activities to expedite the delivery of goods and services
- Conduct market research and develop requests for quotations (RFQ) for requisitioned materials, equipment, and services
- Develop new supply sources where vendors are inadequate in accordance with the Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual
- Independently represents Purchasing Department in external/internal meetings
- Examine bids including performing price and/or cost analysis in accordance with the Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual
- Negotiate purchase including price/cost and terms and conditions within signature authorization
- Document file on why price negotiated is considered fair and reasonable
- Provide procurement counsel and advice to requisitioners
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of related procurement experience
Job ID: 174555
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.