Direct Investment Accountant
Boston, MA 02111
Looking to transition from public accounting into a private industry? Ready to join a fast-paced, growth-oriented company? A leading global private markets investment firm seeks a talented and motivated Direct Investment Accountant to join their team! This individual will support accounting team members with various aspects of direct investment reporting, compliance, and analysis. Moreover, this is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking to join a high achieving team of public accountants.
- Work with the accounting manager to properly record direct investment transactions, maintain the direct investment tracking database, and reconcile custody holdings
- Prepare valuations of public and privately held direct investments, as well as marketable and non-marketable securities
- Ensure compliance with document retention policies and procedures related to direct investments
- Obtain investment related information
- Work with auditors on all aspects of direct investment reporting
- Support the implementation and testing of new IT systems (Equitrak, eFront, data warehouse)
- Bachelor’ s degree
- 2 to 3 years of experience
- Experience or familiarity with finance and basic accounting concepts
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid Microsoft Office expertise (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Nice to Haves:
- Public accounting experience
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and cooperative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
Job ID: 175715
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.