Early Stage Principal / Lead Engineer / Software Architect
Cambridge, MA 02139
Conversational AI company working to bring health + human services to underserved parts of the world
WinterWyman’ s Software Technology Practice is supporting an early stage but very well-funded software startup, helping them identify a Principal/Lead/Architect level candidate to join and take ownership in building a technology product that can serve a clearly-defined market and bring with it significant social impact.
Our client has set out to build a conversational AI platform that will raise awareness around important health issues in emerging markets across the world. Using a combination of artificial intelligence + natural language processing, their software will identify, connect and interact with underserved groups within our global population, and educate them on matters important to their health and how to seek out the care they need - concerning issues ranging from reproductive health, caring for your newborn, to protecting oneself against the flu, and much more.
Founded in 2016, our client has worked off a minimum-viable product to successfully clarify product market fit. Their chief technical executive is now looking to identify a seasoned, hands-on software product developer to join him in creating the next generation of their platform; one that can scale with what they expect to be a growing business with limitless practical applications – all aimed at bringing health + human services aid to groups of people that need it the most.
If you are someone interested in the following, this opportunity could be worth exploring:
- The chance to work closely with our client’ s technical CEO / Founder, and take ownership in the greenfield product development effort that is bringing their next-generation platform to life.
- Having a significant if not primary voice in choosing what tools + technologies comprise the tech stack they will be using moving forward. The MVP was built in Node.js, but they are not married to this by any means. You will have the autonomy to pick + choose the stack moving forward.
- A clear path + opportunity towards taking on leadership responsibilities as you are tasked with building out a larger Engineering capability around you over time.
- Enjoying all the perks of working in a small, collaborative, fast-paced / high-growth startup environment, however with the financial backing of a publicly traded company with revenues in the billions who has enrolled our client as a key part of their social impact venture investment initiative.
Existing tech stack includes: NodeJS, MongoDB, AWS, Lambda, Wit.ai, Redis, S3, and more…
- Our client is based in Cambridge, steps from the Central Square MBTA stop.
- Flexible hours.
- Base salary competitive with other privately held, VC-backed startup environments.
- Health benefits.
- Attractive equity upside.
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to Jamie Chafel at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information before you apply, feel free to dial 781-530-3117.
WinterWyman Software Technology
Jamie Chafel, a Principal Consultant in our Software Technology practice, has been serving candidates and clients in the local technology sector for the past 12 years. Since joining the firm in 2015, he has focused exclusively on the software product development market – matching up Engineers with opportunities within some of the most innovative and fastest growing technology product companies in the industry.