External Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager
Cambridge, MA 02142
Are you highly motivated and detailed? Are you looking to expand your abilities to a fast-paced organization? A biotech company seeks an External Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager to join their bright and passionate team. Moreover, this is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking to join a dynamic and vigorous work environment.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company’ s external financial reports
- Ensure compliance with all GAAP and related SEC financial disclosure requirements
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly consolidated statement of cash flows
- Guarantee that accounting policies and procedures adhere to new and existing reporting requirements
- Draft accounting memos for various accounting matters
- Review material contracts to determine proper accounting treatment
- Support the annual audit and quarterly review activities with external auditors
- Assist with other ad hoc projects, such as performing research and leading implementation of new accounting standards, etc.
- Prepare quarterly collaboration revenue calculations and related collaboration partner invoices
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4 or more years of experience at a public accounting firm
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Nice to Haves:
- Public accounting experience with Big 4
- Involvement in the biotech industry
- Knowledge of Oracle Fusion
- Aptitude to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and collaborative
Job ID: 175141
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.