Financial Controls Manager
Boston, MA 02110
Want to work with individuals across the company? Have an interest in assessing financial statement risks and controls? A leader in financial services seeks a Financial Controls Manager to join their bright and hardworking organization. Moreover, this is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking to join a dynamic finance team.
- Conduct interviews and process walkthroughs with functional owners to understand the details of a process and associated controls
- Prepare detailed process documentation, flowcharts, and control matrices reflecting results of interviews
- Perform controls testing across financial processes to ensure operating effectiveness
- Communicate result of assessment activities to stakeholders
- Work with process owners and Controllers to ensure a strong control environment is maintained, including training and awareness
- Assist with risk event management, including risk assessments, documentation, tracking and monitoring of remediation plans
- Partner with business groups to manage risk related initiatives and support the successful planning and execution
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study
- 5 or more years of public accounting or mix of public accounting, internal audit, and, risk management
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and COSO framework
- Experience in business process controls documentation and testing
- Involvement in working in an IT integrated assessment environment
- Practice in interviewing business process owners
Nice to Haves:
- CPA, CIA, or CISA
- Experience in public company SOX
Job ID: 174804
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.