Grants and Contracts Accountant
Manhattan, NY 10022
Are you looking to expand your professional experience? A world class medical center seeks a Grants and Contracts Accountant on a contract basis; however, this position has the potential to extend to permanent work. This is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking for a fresh, fun, and innovative environment.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory audits, inspections, and/or internal reviews
- Develop and recommend corrective action plans to address deficiencies
- Serve as liaison to audit team during on-site visits
- Review and reconcile accounts, financial transactions, documentation and/or financial reports
- Identify system issues that prevent work product
- Validates budget entries and ensure modification have been made appropriately according to sponsor guidelines and institutional Finance practices
- Ensure institutional adherence to contractual payment terms by submitting appropriate, accurate, and timely invoices, as well as monitoring receipt of payment
- Bachelor’ s degree
- At least 2 years of related experience with in grants, contracts, non-profit accounting, or audit
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Grants management experience from a university or medical center
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Finance audit practice
- Institutional research experience and an understanding of research account management
Job ID: 174538
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.