Grants and Contracts Accountant
Manhattan, NY 10022
Do you have an interest in academia and research? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A research institution seeks a Grants and Contracts Accountant for a 3 to 6-month contract role; however, this position has the potential can lead to permanent work. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is very motivated to learn, attentive, and grow as a professional.
- Validate budget entries and modifications
- Manage assigned grant account health
- Collaborate with investigators and their staff through periodic meetings
- Resolve account financial discrepancies
- Review grant account expenditures for compliance with sponsor award terms and conditions
- Prepare sponsor financial reports as per individual sponsor NOA required guidelines and time frames
- Work with other Finance teams to acquire all necessary documentation necessary to complete work activities, and identifies system issues that prevent work product
- Prepare financial worksheets and documentation for financial audits and backups of point-in-time account information
- Bachelor’ s degree
- Approximately 2 years of related experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Grants management experience from a university or medical center
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge of finance audit practices
- Institutional research experience and an understanding of research account management
Job ID: 174655
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.