Manhattan, NY 10027
Do you have an interest in academia? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A private university is looking to add a Help Desk individual to join their team on a 4 to 6-month contract basis. However, this position has the potential to extend to permanent work. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is very motivated to learn, attentive, and grow as a professional by improving the teams processes.
- Support computer systems and equipment, including a mixture of Windows/Mac desktops, laptops etc.
- Assist in setup and deployment of new devices, troubleshooting basic hardware, software applications, network connectivity, and network printing
- Maintain various IT supported systems including digital signage, online conference room booking, etc.
- Provide day to day technical reports for computer equipment and services, and updates technical documentation
- Manages and resolves support tickets and other technical requests
- Maintain inventories of managed and other administrative and lab computer equipment and specialized software licenses
- 2 or more years of experience in IT Helpdesk role
- Experience supporting Windows and MAC
- Bachelor' s Degree
Nice to Have:
- Practice installing configuring AV equipment
- Experience working in an academic and/or scientific computing environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or A+ certification, backup and recovery technologies, TCP/IP, networking systems security
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Capability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, rational, analytical, adaptable, organized and collaborative
Job ID: 174070
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.