Accounting Manager - Inventory
Boston, MA 02458
Do you have strong data analysis skills? Are you looking to develop your professional skills as part of a collaborative team? A consumer goods company in the Greater Boston area is seeking an Inventory Accountant to apply accounting principles across multiple reporting systems to understand how data can be captured and analyzed. Moreover, this is an innovative opportunity for a dynamic, and exceedingly organized self-starter looking for a vigorous working environment.
- Manage the process integration and reconciliation of the general ledger and ERP systems
- Ensure that inventory and cost of goods sold is properly recorded.
- Assist with the monthly close process in partnership with the Controller
- Work closely with the Controller in a fast-growing company to ensure the quality and integrity of financial reporting
- Review inventory balances for excess or obsolete inventory and establish appropriate reserves
- Coordinate periodic physical inventory counts with warehouse and production sites
- Prepare and analyze inventory actual versus standard/budget reports to enhance insight into inventory balances and cost of goods sold
- Bachelor' s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible experience
- MRP or ERP software experience
- Expert Excel skills
- Nice to Haves:
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant
- Consumer Packaged Goods industry
Job ID: 173769
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.