Java Backend Platform Engineer
South of Boston, MA 02038
Are you looking to expand your professional experience? An interactive phone system company seeks a Java Backend Platform Engineer on a contract basis. Additionally, this is a great opportunity for an exceedingly organized individual looking expand in a vigorous environment.
- Contribute to the creation of a massively scalable, highly available SaaS platform
- Design and develop high-volume, high-performance, high-availability, concurrent Java applications using proven Java frameworks and technologies
- Manage troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Effectively communicate within and outside the team
- Bring new technical ideas, in keeping with latest industry trends, to fruition by prototyping and then incorporating it into the Platform
- Participate in daily Scrum activities to closely monitor work against schedules and deliverables, providing progress updates and reporting any issues or technical difficulties
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 6 to 9 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on coding in Java and other JVM based languages
- Must have experience with highly concurrent and multi-threaded systems
- 3 years of working on mission critical, 24x7, high performance and scalable systems
- 3 years pf working on JEE and asynchronous messaging-based technologies and distributed systems
- Minimum of three years working on SQL, databases and other persistence technologies using Java
- Involvement working with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle – ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing
- Experience in writing design documentation, coding, and writing Unit and Integration tests
- Prior practice with architecture and design of components and features that are part of large enterprise architectures
- Understanding of profiling and troubleshooting large scale, concurrent and multi-threaded JVM based languages (Java)
- Must have strong testing, debugging and problem-solving skills
- Master’ s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Prior experience with NLP/voice technologies
- Prior practice with AI and machine learning technologies
- Enjoy coding and solving challenging and complex technical problems
Job ID: 174822
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.