Junior Network Technician
Metro West, MA 02026
Do you have an interest in academia? Are you looking to expand your professional and technical experience? A local school seeks a Junior Network Technician to provide technical support to faculty, staff, and students about various devices. This position stands on a contract basis; however, it has the potential to extend into permanent work. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is very motivated to learn, attentive, and is looking to grow as a professional.
- Provides technical support for devices
- Respond to calls for technical support help in classrooms
- Help senior technical staff with troubleshooting of network infrastructure issues
- Assists faculty, staff, and students with basic computer use questions and issues, e.g. accessing wireless network, adding email account to mobile devices
- Contribute towards large-scale hardware deployment projects
- Respond to and participate in tech support requests for on-campus events
- Periodically covers on-site help desk to triage and respond to walk-in support requests
- Actively pursuing an Associate or Bachelor-level degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Networking Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- At least 3 months of experience in a Customer Service focused environment, ideally in education or technology operations
- Involvement with hands-on installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repair of workstations, laptops and printers
- Basic knowledge and comprehension of computing and networking principles
- Ability to apply troubleshooting techniques
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize work requirements
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Familiarity or experience with Apple laptops, iPads, iPhones, Android phones, Dell desktop workstations, HP printers, Peripheral computer hardware components, Audio/visual hardware, Mac OS, Windows, MS Office, Google Chrome, Gmail, and Google Calendar
Job ID: 175097
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.