Boston, MA 02210
Do you bring a lot of energy into the professional world? Ready for the chance to apply yourself at a fast-paced company? A biotech company seeks a bright and passionate Meeting Planner to provide support on, budgeting and planning, along with the reconciliation of expenses for all meeting and events. This position stands on a 12-month contract basis; however, it has the potential to extend. Moreover, this is a tremendous opportunity for an go-getter with a desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families, and society.
- Coordinate and execute internal and external meetings globally, including venue sourcing, contract negotiations, budgets, etc.
- Foster a collaborative team environment and deliver a high value support to the team as needed
- Negotiate venue and vendors contracts
- Identify creative solutions to find cost savings opportunities while adapting to ever-changing business needs, policies and laws
- Act as a liaison to external vendors and internal clients
- Prepare meeting agendas and collateral materials
- Manage all attendee communication, registration, travel and accommodations
- Travel to and supporting off-site event delivery execution when required
- Bachelor’ s Degree
- 2 to 3 years of working in an event planning position with a proven track record
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Involvement partnering with business stakeholders to meet shared goals and objectives
- Skilled in planning, forecasting and budgeting of events of varying size and scope
- Prior working knowledge of Cvent Event Management software program
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate well with internal peers
- Capacity to think creatively to move projects through completion
Nice to Haves:
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and cooperative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationship
Job ID: 175581
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.