Payroll Operations Director
Manhattan, NY 10003
Do you have an interest in academia? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A world class university seeks a talented and motivated Payroll Operations Director to join their team! This individual will lead the University’ s Payroll Operations. Additionally, this is a tremendous prospect for an individual looking join a vital organization and make an immediate impact.
- Ensure the complete, compliant, accurate and timely execution of pay cycles
- Manage remittance and reconciliation of tax liabilities and other withholding
- Collect time and attendance data
- Prepare and issuance of tax filings and W-2’ s
- Reconcile payroll-related data in the University’ s PeopleSoft general ledger and data warehouse
- Monitor and review operational and service metrics
- Serve as Payroll subject matter expert
- Ensure escalated cases are resolved in a timely, courteous manner
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent experience
- 7 or more years relevant experience managing a large and complex payroll organization
- Experience overseeing payroll operations for a large employee population in a multi-cycle environment.
- Workday HCM payroll involvement
- Experience managing a 10, 000+ employee payroll
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail
- Master' s degree
- Experience with systems implementations and conversions
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and collaborative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
Job ID: 173612
Apply today for immediate consideration!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.