Metrowest, MA 02090
Do you bring a lot of energy into the professional world? Are you looking to expand your abilities to fast-paced organization? An auto group seeks a talented and motivated Payroll Specialist to join their team! This is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking for a vigorous and innovative environment to make an immediate impact.
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, sales volume, bonuses, and commissions
- Update master payroll records by verifying and recording changes affecting net wages such as federal and state tax exemptions, insurance coverage, etc.
- Compute wages and deductions, review for accuracy, and post to payroll records
- Prepares and issues paychecks
- Keep records of leave pay and nontaxable wages
- Prepare all hiring and termination paperwork including COBRA letters
- Maintain records for vacations and sick-day eligibility
- Respond to all related inquiries for Payroll and Benefit activities
- Bachelor’ s degree or at least 5 year’ s equivalent experience
- Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations
- Understanding of payroll and benefits policies and programs
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook and ADP
- Comfortable handling high-volume payroll
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to respond to minor benefits questions
Nice to Haves:
- Aptitude to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and collaborative
- Capacity to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationship
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to stay informed of trends and changes in the human resources and payroll field
Job ID: 175296
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.