Principal Business Systems Analyst
Boston, MA 02215
Our client in Boston is looking for a Principal Business Systems Analyst to join their team. This role will involve stakeholder engagement, business process optimization, data analysis, design, and strong familiarity with project management techniques, and technologies. See below for details.
- Identify and implement best practices and techniques to gather, document, streamline, and improve business processes and business rules.
- Act as a trusted partner with stakeholders, representing their departments’ goals and objectives and truly understands -- at a detailed level -- their business processes
- Lead discussions to help stakeholders define their needs and translate these needs into quantifiable business requirements.
- Identify and analyze simple to complex business processes that require change/improvement
- Perform systems analysis and design supporting transformational projects, enhancements and changes to client’ s systems
- Work with IT development team to ensure requirements are properly translated into functional specifications
- Collaborate and coordinate with Quality Assurance staff for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure full validation of functionality and performance according to the specifications and business rules
- While working on a project, should be able to communicate status of deliverables and timelines to interested parties, including PMO, proactively
- Document issues thoroughly, maintain current status, and escalate issues appropriately
- Bachelor’ s degree required
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Business Systems Analyst
- Fluent in requirements lifecycle management
- Capability to understand and analyze complex business processes/problems and develop clear and persuasive proposals depicting solutions
- Able to work effectively and influence at all levels in an organization
- Familiarity/experience with Agile delivery methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to switch between technical jargon and plain English.
- Experience facilitating stakeholder meetings and strong presentation skills.
- Strong documentation and writing skills.
- Experience using modeling techniques (business process modeling, flowcharts, role interaction diagrams, etc.)
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: 173997
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.