Cambridge, MA 02140
Do you bring a lot of energy into the professional world? Are you looking to advance your career? A public biotechnology company seeks a Procurement Specialist to manage purchasing activities throughout the procurement lifecycle and provide professional assistance to internal customers. This position stands on a contract basis; however, it has the intention of converting into permanent work. Moreover, this is a tremendous prospect for an initiative-taking, creative-thinking individual who is interested in driving change within an organization.
- Ensure accurate record-keeping by administering and maintaining purchasing standards, policies and procedures, as well as the corresponding paperwork
- Review purchases to ensure adherence to business and policy compliance
- Work with end users to educate and resolve out of compliance purchases
- Develop specifications for equipment, services, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Identify and evaluate vendors of goods and services
- Leads and manages RFP process
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress, and contact suppliers to resolve problems
- Audit contract performance and terms to ensure compliance with terms and conditions.
- Manage dispute and track dispute resolution process with suppliers as needed
- Continuously evaluate purchasing processes to identify opportunities for improvement and streamlining
- Lead and develop quarterly Procurement reporting package
- Bachelor' s degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a purchasing management or strategic sourcing capacity
- Practice in NetSuite Procurement/Advanced Procurement module
- Ability to work and communicate cross functionally with scientists
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly attentive to detail
- Solid Microsoft Office expertise (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
Nice to Have:
- Life Science industry experience
- Small company experience
- Prior work at a Public company
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical, persuasive, results-driven, and collaborative
- Ability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
Job ID: 176163
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.