Manhattan, NY 10003
Our academia client in New York is looking for a Project Manager to join their team. This person will be accountable for the success of all projects under their supervision. They will plan, execute, and deliver all projects on time, on budget, and within scope in accordance with business priorities. Throughout the lifecycle of each project, the manager tracks project status and manages project teams to mitigate issues and risks.
See below for details.
- Define and create project plans for project, portfolio, and product prioritization and implementation
- Evaluate trade-offs between project size and complexity, cost, urgency, risk, and stakeholder value
- Partner with business sponsors to define success metrics and criteria
- Build, lead, and coach multiple project teams throughout project life cycles
- Coordinate activities and follow up on tasks assigned to multiple groups, e.g. Data Warehouse, Applications Development, Security, etc.
- Manage integration of third party vendor tools with internal systems
- Facilitate all operational checkpoint activities throughout the lifecycle of projects
- Assess and resolve all high priority project risks as they are encountered
- Ensure all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company
- Continually update relevant business stakeholder of project status
- Ensure all projects meet success parameters and ROI targets stated in business case
- Bachelor’ s degree, Graduate course work in related technical, PM or technical domain; a master' s degree is preferred
- Training in, and demonstrated understanding of, an organization' s budgeting and portfolio prioritization process
- Training in, and demonstrated understanding of the project domain (Infrastructure/Application Development, etc.) sufficient to review activities and tasks with domain experts and verify estimated levels of effort
- 5-12 years’ experience
- Understanding of software development lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, Iterative)
- Proficient with the Project and Portfolio Management Tools (Visio, MS Project, Tempus, Workfront, etc.)
- PMP certification or equivalent
- In depth understanding of project management concepts
- Excellent project management, organization, and team collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Comfort with ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong knowledge of business objectives
- Knowledge and practical use of TOGAF
- Product Management experience
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Job ID: 173702
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.