Boston, MA 02458
Are you highly motivated and detailed? Ready to expand your skills to a growth-oriented organization? A real estate company seeks a bright and passionate Property Accountant to join their team! This individual will support functions for commercial properties consisting of office, retail and garage space. Additionally, this is an innovative opportunity for a dynamic, and exceedingly organized self-starter looking to join a vigorous working environment and make an immediate impact.
- Maintain GAAP accrual general ledgers
- Prepare and process monthly journal entries
- Produce monthly financials according to the established schedule and analyze results
- Formulate and preserve monthly workpapers
- Review income, expense, deferred leasing and capital purchases for accurate coding and payment
- Resolve issues with Property Manager or other departments as necessary
- Support the budget and reprojection process, including analysis
- Provide support to the accounting and property management teams.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in reporting and other meetings as required
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting
- 2 to 4 years of accounting experience
- 2 years within the commercial real estate industry
- Solid Microsoft Office expertise (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Basic understanding of general ledger activity, preference with Yardi application
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external teams
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Nice to Haves:
- Public accounting experience
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and cooperative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
Job ID: 175806
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.