Manhattan, NY 10022
Do you have an interest in academia or the medical field? Want to be a part of a close-knit community while expanding your skill set? A world class medical center seeks a Purchasing Analyst to their team on a 3 to 6-month contract basis. However, this position has the potential to extend to permanent work. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is very motivated to learn, attentive, and grow as a professional.
- Manage improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
- Execute long term planning initiatives with the Director and Purchasing/Procurement team to accomplish operational excellence
- Research and oversee the implementation of more effective purchasing, invoicing, and collecting processes
- Develop, lead, and execute purchasing strategies
- Maintain the purchasing process for placing orders in SRM and assure receipt by vendors of orders placed
- Draft and create necessary, correspondence, forms and other related documents for
- Serve as the primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues (e.g. licensing, changes to terms or conditions of purchases, etc.)
- Bachelor' s degree in Business Administration or related field
- At least 5 years related supply chain management (buying/purchasing/sourcing) experience
- Proven skill developing strategic sourcing techniques and implementing advanced procurement procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and negotiation skills
- Strong math and Excel skills
Nice to Haves:
- Industry experience from a university or medical center
- Proficiency with SRM module in SAP
Job ID: 174543
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance, HR and Administrative
With almost 20 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance, human resources and admin roles in the Metro NYC area, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance, HR and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.