Boston, MA 02110
Are you looking to expand your technical and professional experience? An insurance company seeks a SQL Developer to join their team on a 6 to 12-month contract basis; however, this position has the potential to extend. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to join a vital organization and make an immediate impact by improving the team’ s processes.
- Write SQL code based on functional specification and technical design
- Adhere to architectural standards and develop designs that consider impact with other aspects of the database and appropriately leverage existing code
- Drive optimal solution design collaborating with architects and cross-functional teams
- Analyze and resolve production problems, assessing alternatives as appropriate and implementing long-term solutions
- Evaluate and interpret requirements to design, develop and implement appropriate solutions
- Perform code reviews and identify potential issues
- Build and automate repeatable processes to efficiently deploy rate updates into existing rating engine
- 6 or more years of experience in a database developer role
- Proficiency in database development (MS SQL)
- Involvement utilizing advanced SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, views, triggers and SSIS packages
- Practice with writing dynamic SQL code
- Scripting experience (Python)
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, TDD/BDD
Job ID: 174885
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.