Cambridge, MA 02142
Are you highly motivated and detailed? Ready to join a fast-paced organization? A pharmaceutical company seeks a Senior Accountant to support the preparation of monthly financial statement package in compliance with GAAP requirements. Moreover, this is a tremendous prospect for an initiative-taking, creative-thinking individual who is interested in driving change within an organization.
- Participate in the monthly and quarterly close and financial reporting process
- Prepare journal entries to support month end financial close deliverables for the assigned areas
- Formulate account reconciliations for the assigned areas: marketable securities, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, intangibles, accounts payable, etc.
- Ensure general ledger properly reflects all financial transactions and financial statements are prepared in accordance with US GAAP
- Manage annual fixed asset observation and asset tracking
- Assist with drafting and tie-out of the SEC filings, including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, proxy and other filings
- Guarantee SOX Compliance for responsible areas
- Implement improvements to enhance the efficiency of current controls
- Support the external audit firm in their annual audit and quarterly review procedures
- Bachelor’ s degree in accounting or finance
- 3 to 5 years of experience in accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of GAAP and SOX compliance requirements
- Capacity to identify errors and root causes of errors, develop workable solutions or alternatives
- Ability to continuously improve reporting processes and tools
- Capability to handle confidential information sensitively
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Solid Microsoft Office expertise (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Highly attentive to detail
Nice to Haves:
- Biotechnology industry involvement
- Experience in both public accounting and private industry
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and collaborative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
Job ID: 176069
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.