Cambridge, MA 02141
Are you highly motivated and detailed? Ready to join a fast-paced organization? A large, public life sciences company seeks a Senior Accountant to support the preparation of monthly financial statement package in compliance with GAAP requirements. Moreover, this is a tremendous prospect for an initiative-taking, creative-thinking individual who is interested in driving change within an organization.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting needs and the quarterly close process
- Serve as the primary point of contact for requests and questions with the external auditors
- Work with key processes owners to educate them on internal controls
- Be the main point of contact with the auditors regarding internal control compliance and requests
- Collaborate across the finance team and other operational departments
- Perform monthly close activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of various balance sheet and P&L accounts, etc.
- Ensure all accounting policies and procedures are documented and in line with relevant GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Gather, analyze and report financial operating results and insights to the Leadership Team
- Ensure all SOX controls are adhered to during the Equity process
- Prepare quarter-end stock-based compensation schedules and calculate the appropriate expense
- Bachelor' s degree with a concentration in Accounting
- Experience implementing significant process and technology improvements
- Involvement specifically in accounting operations in a publicly traded company environment
- 4 years of related public company experience or a public accounting firm with increasing level of responsibility and demonstrated leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of and ability to apply generally accepted accounting principles and concepts
- System knowledge including Oracle Fusion, Equity Edge, and ADP
Nice to Haves:
- Biotechnology industry involvement
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical, persuasive, results-driven, and collaborative
- Ability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
Job ID: 176184
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.