North of Boston, MA 01810
Are you highly motivated and detailed? Ready to join a fast-paced organization? A scientific research nonprofit seeks a Senior Accountant to support the preparation of monthly financial statement package in compliance with GAAP requirements. This position stands on a contract basis; however, it has the potential to convert into permanent work. Moreover, this is an exciting and new opportunity for a self-proclaimed go-getter looking for a vigorous and innovative environment to make an immediate impact.
- Completely and accurately record all cash collections, allocate cash appropriately, record customer invoicing, credits notes, and account for accounts receivables transactions
- Record short term Investment entries, debt, repayments, amortization of prepaid Interest, etc.
- Handle preferred stock, common stock, offering costs and all common stock entries
- Prepare and record of general Journal entries
- Track transactions into books of primary entry Including sales, purchases, Inventory etc.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of Bookings and Backlog reporting
- Analyze revenue and contra-revenue transactions
- Ensure appropriate accounting entries and supporting schedules are prepared
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- 3 or more years of experience performing accounting, consolidation and reporting
- Exposure to multi-currency financial statements preparation
- Knowledge and understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance i.e. Section 404
- Knowledge and understanding of transaction processing (review and approval) in an ERP-based accounting environment
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, quarter-end close and reporting process
Nice to Haves:
- Master’ s Degree
- Experience with manufacturing, medical devices, hi-tech
- Competence to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical, customer-service oriented, and collaborative
- Capability to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationships
Job ID: 175958
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
WinterWyman Finance and Administrative
With nearly 15 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent HR roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for a full spectrum of Human Resources professionals from entry to senior level, including Recruiters, HR Administrators & Coordinators, Compensation and Benefits professionals, HRIS Administrators and Analysts, HR Generalists and HR Directors / Managers / Business Partners. While the majority of our positions are on a contract basis, we also work on many temp-to-perm and permanent positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.