South of Boston, MA 02379
Are you looking to expand your skills to a continually developing field? A telecommunications company seeks a talented and motivated Senior Accountant for full-time work. This is a great opportunity for an exceedingly organized individual looking expand in a vigorous and innovative atmosphere.
- Formulate financial close schedules in collaboration with the Controller and CFO
- Create, review, and upload journal entries to the general ledger (GL)
- Prepare GL reconciliations and perform thorough reviews of all GL accounts
- Drive improved utilization of systems and leverage automation where possible
- Help lead process improvement in job costing and work-in-progress revenue recognition
- Design and implement improved controls for Accounting and the broader finance organization
- Act as liaison with subsidiary accounting personnel to ensure accuracy and completeness of financials
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong leadership, and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience is preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required, specifically Advanced Excel
- Familiarity with constructing financial statements (B/S, P&L, SCF) from trial balances
- Experience consolidating multiple entities
Nice to Haves:
- Involvement working with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Exposure to process automation and collaboration software
- Knowledge and understanding of job costing accounting and software
- Public accounting experience
- Capacity to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, and collaborative
Job ID: 174380
Please note, our client is only considering local candidates currently. Thank you!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com
WinterWyman Finance & Administrative
With almost 30 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent finance and admin roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for accounting, finance and administrative professionals. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.