Senior Data Engineer
New Hampshire, NH 03101
Our client in Southern New Hampshire is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join their team. See below for details.
- Design and build data structures on MPP platforms like Azure, AWS, Spark and Hadoop to provide efficient reporting and analytics capability
- Design and build highly scalable data pipelines using new generation tools and technologies like Spark, Kafka to induct data from various systems
- Experience designing rich websites, web-based applications
- Microsoft SQL Server, knowledge of web services, web API, n-tier architecture
- Contributes to logical and physical data modeling with tools such as Erwin, Embarcadero, or Visio.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (preferred not required).
- Translate complex business requirements into scalable technical solutions meeting data design standards
- Strong understanding of analytics needs and proactive-ness to build generic solutions to improve the efficiency
- Build dashboards using Self-Service tools like PowerBI and perform data analysis to support business
- Collaborate with multiple cross functional teams and work on solutions which has larger impact on business
- Deploy, visualize and or communicate key insights
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience in designing and building dimensional data models to improve accessibility, efficiency, and quality of data
- Database development experience with Relational or MPP/distributed systems such as SQL Server/Oracle/Spark/Hadoop preferred
- Experience in designing and developing ETL data pipelines.
- Must have advanced skills writing SQL queries
- Expertise in performance tuning of SQL queries
Nice to Have:
- Experience with or advance courses on data science and machine learning
- Work/project experience with big data and advanced programming languages
- Experience developing Big Data/Hadoop applications using java, R, Python, Spark, Hive, Oozie, Kafka, and Map Reduce
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to email@example.com.
Job ID: 174237
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.