Senior Network Engineer
Boston, MA 02116
Our investment management firm client in Boston is seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join their team. See below for details.
- Administration and maintenance of client’ s telephony and network environments, including day to day support and driving continual upgrades, enhancements and re-architectures as needed
- Monitor performance of all network circuits, switches and routers, wireless controllers and access points
- Monitor performance of all firewall systems
- Monitor performance of all Cisco CUCM and related systems
- Development of, and management to, service level agreements
- Capacity trending and management
- Support of all security related requirements
- Management of all required licensing
- Management of vendor relationships
- Management of carrier contracts
- Management of all required support contracts
- Serve as an escalation point for the Deskside Support team with respect to activities such as, but not limited to:
- issues with telephony systems and carriers
- issues with networking connectivity and routing (both local and remote)
- issues with firewall/endpoint/perimeter security
- troubleshooting remote connectivity issues with third party vendors
- Escalations to vendors/service providers as needed
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and ownership over all user requests that are escalated via Deskside Support plus.
- Actively contribute to firm-wide business continuity efforts and associated technical components.
- Participate in occasional after-hours and/or weekend
- Experience managing and supporting enterprise-class networks, including:
- Deep working knowledge of dynamic routing protocols in a multi-site environment including BGP and OSPF
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP stack with an ability to troubleshoot down to the packet level
- Working knowledge of NTP, DNS/DNSSEC, SNMP, DHCP, VRRP in a predominantly Windows environment.
- Experience administering a variety of switching and routing hardware across a multi-site environment including enterprise wireless platforms
- Experience configuring and administering IPsec site to site VPNs and GRE tunnels
- Understanding of 802.1x network access control
- Experience administering a multi-site Cisco Unified Communications Manager environment supporting both voice and video
- Strong security knowledge including experience with next-generation firewalls in a multi-site deployment
- Experience integrating public cloud services with a private network
- Knowledge and experience with Windows servers, storage, and virtualization
- Excellent project management, project scoping, troubleshooting, problem resolution, documentation and customer management skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into business writing
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a collaborative environment, including flexibility to the demands of a role that requires, at times, off-hours work
- Ability to manage multiple competing projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment with strong analytical and problem solving skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Experience in investment management or financial services industries considered a plus
Think you’ re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job ID: 174148
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.