Senior Network Engineer
Boston, MA 02458
Are you looking to expand your engineering experience to a different industry? A senior care facility seeks a Senior Network Engineer to join their team to assist in continued maintenance and support of all routers, switches, firewalls, WiFi and VOIP equipment which constitute corporate network infrastructure. Moreover, this is a tremendous opportunity to join a benevolent and dynamic company while making an immediate impact.
- Provide first and second level escalation for network operational trouble/failure resolution daily, including participation in a weekly on-call rotation
- Assess and update legacy network components and refresh device configurations regularly
- Design, implement, monitor, and maintain local and wide area data and telecom components
- Support design changes and planned upgrades to data cabling infrastructure in a variety of campus environments
- Install, configure, and support networking and security equipment from various vendors including Cisco, Palo Alto, Aerohive, Cradlepoint, and F5
- Create and maintain technical documentation including operational procedures, deployment automation templates, runbooks, reference materials, disaster recovery plans, and training documentation
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation among peer network engineering staff
- 7 to 10 years of network engineering experience with at least 3 years in a senior or lead network engineering role
- Involvement managing a WAN/LAN environment of at least 100 nodes which utilized EIGRP, OSPF and/or BGP routing protocols.
- Practice configuring and troubleshooting Cisco routers and switches running IOS and NXOS software
- Firewall experience (Palo Alto)
- Extensive VPN knowledge (IPSEC, SSL, DMVPN)
- Exposure supporting Aerohive WiFi products or an equivalent manufacturer
- Proficiency reading packet sniffer traces and debugging application conversations.
- Aptitude of Plixer Scrutinizer & Extrahop network analysis, or equivalent platforms.
- Expertise with Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE (or similar NAC tool) and network automation.
- Strong network documentation skills including production of Visio diagrams, MOPs, knowledge base additions, development of best practices and process improvements.
- Experience supporting HIPAA, SOX or PCI compliance efforts in an audited environment, incorporating industry best practices to secure data networks
Nice to Haves:
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, analytical, organized, and collaborative
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
Job ID: 174448
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.