Software QA Engineer
Boston, MA 02111
Do you have solid functional skills and a passion for testing software for Client Server applications? Are you looking to expand your experience? A financial services company is looking for talented and experienced Software QA engineer to coordinate with development, write test cases, execute tests, and much more. This position stands on a 12-month contract basis; however, this position has the potential to extend. Moreover, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to join a vital organization and make an immediate impact by improving the team’ s processes.
- Work across all STLC phases from Business Requirement Analysis to Test-cycle closure for a sprint-based releases for a FX Connect Application
- Prepare Test Strategy Document and Test Plans for functional requirements and reporting requirements.
- Organize Test-case walkthroughs and following up on requisite Approvals before test-case execution
- Review and maintain test-execution results and documents
- Log issues identified by QA team in defect tracking system JIRA, and re-testing the defects post fix
- Regress testing as part of QA process to make sure of original functionality
- Preform QA testing for verification and validation of data on various dimensions like record count match, data validations, transformation logic, User role and permissions checks
- Exposure to offshore teams
- Web-based testing experience
- Comfortable using standard UNIX utilities to do testing and identify issues
- SQL ability to do complex queries
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Ability to multi-task, take initiative, work independently, and use creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, dynamic, organized, analytical and collaborative
- Capacity to create and maintain a team spirit and harmonious working relationship
Nice to Haves:
- Application security testing experience
- Scripting automation practice
- Exposure to trading applications, order management systems
- Knowledge of BDD technologies, cucumber, JBehave
Job ID: 174616
Think you' re a fit? Reach out to us today!
If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please send your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.