Solutions Lead – Business Intelligence
128 Belt, MA 00000
- Lead the design, development and implementation of Business Intelligence Solutions
- Engage with business teams, product teams and other technical teams to define end-to-end solutions
- Comprehend business drivers, including value/reasons for the solutions, options, dependencies and constraints. This function includes leading the business and technical analysis for the solution, and includes ownership of requirements
- Spearhead the technical design of the solution, including leadership based on experience and engaging architects and other experts
- Lead the delivery of the solution including development, integration testing, performance testing, quality assurance, user acceptance and deployment.
- Provide project management where needed, or successfully engage with assigned project manager(s)
- Establish appropriate level of support to ensure project success
- 7-10+ years overall Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse experience, including minimum 2-3 years in a team lead or manager role
- Must have some Healthcare experience
- Extensive competency in Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse methodologies, data warehouse design and software development life cycle. Experience with and certification in agile development methods strongly preferred.
- Expertise in BI tools such as Business Objects, LogiXML, Microsoft BI and/or RDBMS including SQL Server, Oracle and Exadata. Technical certifications in one or more of these tools preferred
- Business process knowledge of multiple business process areas desired, especially around healthcare vertical
- Experience with at least three large full life cycle BI projects
- Experience interacting directly with the business stakeholders and users to present project status, address architectural topics, and participate in resolution of project risks and issues
- Experience assessing impact of change requests against resources requirements, time constraints, version and release control and functionality.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify alternative approaches/solutions to risks and issues
- Knowledge of reporting, data analysis and forecasting algorithms, UX Discipline, Visual Design Principles and Standards
- Ability to produce working prototype to demonstrate Solution Design
- Exposure to environments with continuous integration, automated testing and agile software development a plus
With almost 35 recruiters and staffing professionals specializing in contract, temp-to-perm and permanent technology roles in the Boston and New England areas, WinterWyman takes a consultative approach when recruiting for Business Analysis, Project Management, Development, Database, Infrastructure, UI, QA, Tech Support and Instructional Design positions. We take the time to assess fit before presenting any candidate with a role, and we thoroughly prepare you with tools, company information and pointers to help ensure success during the interview and beyond. Let us help you find your next opportunity.